There’s no question that Austin is a great place to live. Living near a transit line can make connecting around Austin even easier!
We love Austin! But the traffic….
Austin is great but getting around can be a challenge. Congestion slows our roads and commuters waste an average of over 40 hours per year stuck in traffic. While our region is working hard to solve these problems there is something you can do when you relocate – consider Capital Metro and how it can help you connect to all the best places in Austin.
Smart Commuting Choices
Living close to a rapid or high-frequency transit line that connects you to work school or entertainment can make your life less complicated and less expensive.
• Capmetro.org has an easy trip planner that allows you to see the connections you can make from your new home to your destination.
• The CapMetro App lets plan trips buy your pass and check for real-time departures on your smartphone.
Everyone’s journey is unique! Capital Metro has a variety of services to meet your travel needs.
• MetroRail: Commuter rail that serves suburban Park & Rides.
• MetroRapid: Frequent service that crosses the heart of the city.
• High Frequency Network: Local buses that connect the city with service every 15 – 20 minutes.
• MetroExpress: Commuter Express buses serving suburban Park & Rides.
• MetroAirport: Service to Austin Bergstrom International Airport every 30 minutes.
• MetroBus: Network of Local buses that connect neighborhoods downtown UT and the Capitol Complex.
• Night Owls: Late-night buses that connect downtown to surrounding neighborhoods.
• MetroBike: Secure 24-hour bike parking at five MetroRapid Stations and two major transit hubs.
• MetroAccess: Paratransit service for qualified individuals within a quarter-mile of transit lines.
DOWN THE ROAD
Capital Metro has more trains more bus routes and faster trips in its future. Thinking about transit when you move can help you enjoy the urban adventures that your future in Austin holds. Visit the Capital Metro trip planner before you sign on the dotted line.