- “A rose by any other name would smell as sweet”, could be “a road by any other name would smell as sweet” in Austin because every major road has TWO names. Mopac is also Loop 1, Capital of TX HWY is 360, 2244 is also Bee Caves Rd just to name a few. Thank goodness for technology where we don’t have to read a map or follow someone’s handwritten direction where 2244 is mentioned but you only see Bee Caves Rd (yes, I got lost many times in the olden days)! You’ll sound like an Austin pro when you can use the street names interchangeably!
- Speaking of Bee Caves…Bee Cave is the name of a City and Bee Caves (plural) is the name of the road- you’ll sound more like a local when you get this right!
- E.B reigns supreme as THE grocery store. It stands for Howard Edward Butt and was originally named The Butt Grocery Store when it was launched in Kerrville, TX in 1905…we prefer shopping at H.E.B instead of the Butt Store!
- Not allergic to anything? You will be! It’s called cedar trees and Austin has been blessed with an abundant amount. Give it about a year and you’ll catch lovely cedar fever. Thank goodness for allergists that can help build up your tolerance and aisles of allergy meds at the pharmacy!
- When in Austin, try the Mexican Martini! It’s an Austin twist on the margarita and martini- what’s not to love?
- Lake Travis, Lake Austin, Town Lake now known as Lady Bird Lake is the same body of water… it gets a different name as it passes through a different part of the City!
Contact Shailene for insights into Austin and Austin real estate!
Kuper Sotheby’s International Realty
COMMERCIAL | RESIDENTIAL | INVESTMENT SALES
*Follow me on Instagram @shaileneshares as I showcase fine homes, market trends and all things real estate!