U.S. News & World Report released its annual “Best U.S. High Schools” by metro area ranking the best public schools in each major city and three Austin area high schools made the list.
Rankings were based on a number of factors which included:
- college readiness (30 percent)
- math and reading proficiency (20 percent)
- math and reading performance (20 percent)
- underserved service (10 percent)
- college curriculum breadth (10 percent)
- graduation rate (10 percent)
Honorably the Liberal Arts and Sciences Academy in Austin earned the number 28 spot out of 17000 institutions across the country. Moreover the school is touted as the best school in the Austin area.
The Liberal Arts and Sciences Academy earned a 99.84 as their total score. One-hundred percent graduation rate and reading and math proficiency. Also one-hundred percent of LASA students took the AP exam in the last year and 98 percent of students passed an advanced class.
Here are the Austin Texas High Schools that ranked on the list:
- Liberal Arts and Sciences Academy – No. 28 Nationally and No. 1 in Austin
- Young Women Leaders – No. 137 Nationally and No. 2 in Austin
- KIPP Austin Collegiate – No. 198 Nationally and No. 3 in Austin
Check out the rankings on the Best High Schools in Austin Texas by U.S. News & World Report.